Code for Anchorage's focus is on serving our community through civic tech. We value the participation of each member of our community and want all attendees to have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience.
Accordingly, attendees are expected to show respect and courtesy to everyone, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, religious or ethnic identity, physical appearance, body size, or ability. Everyone in attendance is required to conform to the following Code of Conduct.
Organizers will enforce this code throughout events; more information on reporting a Code of Conduct violation is available below, under the heading Contact Information.
Please show respect for all attendees. In particular:
- Offensive behavior such as verbal abuse, intimidation, or harassment will not be tolerated.
- Remember that all our attendees are here for similar reasons, and do not make assumptions about anyone's interests, skill level, or profession based on their appearance or background.
- Remember that “no means no.” If someone asks you to stop speaking about a particular subject, or to leave them alone, please do so.
- Support your friends and colleagues. If you see someone behaving badly, please let them know that you're not OK with it.
Please ensure that your presentation does not stigmatise, alienate, or marginalise any individual or group. In particular:
- Keep any slide decks G-rated.
- Anything beyond the occasional mild curse word is not appropriate.
- While criticism of software, programming practices, etc. is OK, please try to offer constructive improvements or alternatives as part of your talk. Personal criticism and ad hominem attacks are never OK.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact one of the co-captains, Becky or Hans. You can email us at email@example.com.
The captains will be happy to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe. We value your attendance.
This Code of Conduct is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.